Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What is your DREAM JOB?

I've spent a LOT of time thinking about what I really would want my business to be.....
and I've come to the conclusion that nothing is worth doing unless it's my DREAM job!

If you could do exactly what you wanted to for work, what would it be???

I've always said...
I'd have a little shop (where I could keep the doors open in the summer and bring my dog to work with me) and I would repurpose, and fix up old furniture & accessories. I'd have a comfortable salary & enjoy my life - but try my best NOT to be a work-a-holic. 

Well, after quite some thought - guess what I've decided to do!

Hunt & Gather, LLC. will be my new venture!

I plan to hunt for great pieces of furniture & accesories that need a lift, coat of paint, or just a new purpose in their life and fix them up & sell them!!
Recycled & Repurposed furniture & accessories if you will!

Figuring this simple idea out was more than 1/2 the battle for me! But now I'm ready to see where I can go with my business plan!
I started by registering my business name as an LLC with the State of Connecticut and now its time to keep moving forward onto the next steps....
1) Obtaining a Tax ID number or Resale Certificate
2) Creating a business Plan
3) Starting to hunt & gather for some great pieces.
4) Researching any other legal documents that I should have in order.
5) Thinking about locations.
6) Seeing whats available for financial backing for my business.

This blog is going to show case some of my DIY projects of recycled furniture & accesories, and anything else that tickles my fancy along the way in the start of my business!
I mean how hard can this really be???

No comments:

Post a Comment